So you’ve been together a while now, and having quiet sex while your parents or flat mates are in, is getting a little tedious. Plus you’re in your mid twenties, and it’s time to take the next step in your relationship. So you’re going to do it, you’re going to move in with a boy.
You’ve found the house, or in actual fact a one bedroom flat that is smaller than your parents living room. You’ve signed on the dotted line and have started packing everything you own into black bags. It’s actually happening, and here are the thoughts that are currently running through your mind.
1. Am I moving too fast? We have only been together for three years, three years is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, I have shoes older than that? Do I really know him, like really know him? Am I missing out on the joys of being single and independent?
2. I think I might pee my pants. This mix of excitement and fear is too much for me to cope with.
3. So the flat is unfurnished, do we split the Ikea bill? What if we break up, who gets what? I better get the kettle.
4. I wonder if my parents would let me move back in if we break up? Or maybe he could just sleep on the sofa, or we split the bedroom in half. It worked for Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston. Kinda.
5. Why do I keep thinking we’re going to break up? Maybe it’s best we just break up now, and avoid all the drama. No I love him, it’s going to be fine.
6. URGH his friends. His friends are going to come round. I hate his friends.
7. What happens when he comes home at stupid o’clock in the morning, out of his face, with his stupid friends?
8. Oh gosh and his mum, his bloody mum. She will be here every Sunday criticising my cooking and cleaning.
9. I am going to have to shave all the time. Who has the time to shave all the time???
10. I hope he doesn’t expect sexy time every night. Just because we share a bed doesn’t mean I am open 24/7.
11. Oooo we can have sex anywhere in the house now, Even the shower!
12. I can walk around naked! Constantly!
13. OH CRAP! I am going to have to share a bed, and a wardrobe. I can’t share a wardrobe! He’ll just have to keep his stuff in these black bags.
14. What if he has really bad habits that I don’t know about yet?
15. Gosh I am never going to get some me time, he is always going to be here.
16. I am going to be living with a boy! A hairy smelly BOY!
17. I am going to see him every night, what if we run out of things to talk about?
18. Is he actually that interesting?
19. He better not expect me to cook every night. Or clean his dirty boxers.
20. OMG! How am I going to have a poo? He is going to know when I am having a poo. I will just have to poo when he is out or asleep.
21. Socks! I never have to buy socks again, he has lots of them.
22. I can wear his shirt and be all cute and sexy.
23. How do I tell my nan that I am ‘ living in sin’.
24. He earns more than me, that means he will contribute more to the bills. Right?
25. I am going to living with my best friend!